The Portfolio Project for this course is a comprehensive written case analysis. To complete the comprehensive written analysis, you will apply the strategic management process that is studied in every module within this course.
Your comprehensive written analysis of Coca Cola Co should include the following elements:
- Current vision, mission, objectives, and strategies
- Recommendations for improvement of vision and mission
- Competitive Profile Matrix (CPM)
- External Factor Evaluation Matrix (EFE)
- Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix (IFE)
- A total of three Stage 2: Matching Stage tool outputs. At least two of the three tools used must be from Chapter 6 of the textbook. There is an option to use one Matching Stage tool not found in the textbook that is a tested, credible instrument.
- Recommendations for specific strategies and long-term objectives
- Strategy implementation risks: cultural, operational, systems, financial
- Projected financial statement with assumptions
- Recommendation for annual goals and policy according to projections
- Recommendation for strategy review, evaluation, and improvement process.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- At least 7 in length, plus exhibits
- Divided into the following sections:
- Strategy Formulation
- Input Stage
- Matching Stage (choose 3)
- Decision Stage (prioritize to 1)
- Strategy Implementation
- Strategy Evaluation
- Strategy Formulation
- Written as though you are a consultant being asked to analyze the target organization’s internal and external environment to recommend strategies for the future
- Written in graduate level, clear and concise business language
- Formatted according to the APA Requirements.
2. Portfolio Project
Students will analyze and synthesize the financial reports of an organization of their choice and present their findings in a PowerPoint presentation (with completed Notes section providing details of analysis and synthesis of information to presented points. You must also provide a slide of exhibits of financial reports analyzed for the Presentation).
Projects will include:
- Organization overview
- Financial statements analysis
- Analysis of cash flow
- Stock performance analysis
- Cost of capital or required return on investment
- Value of the organization: book value, common stock value
- Discussion of appropriate organizational development options with the inclusion of general risk and return scenarios from a management perspective